Many thanks to the following people for their help in putting together the Wireless Wilderness cell phone tour:
- Houston Mayor Annise Parker for taking time from her busy schedule to record our introduction.
- Estella Espinosa from the Houston Parks and Recreation Department for initial discussions about the idea of a cell phone tour.
- Cynthia Otiso and Julie Prasad from OnCell Systems for their help in setting up the phone system.
- Bob Spence of Timbergrove Manor for creating our beautiful logo.
- Maggie and Bob Honig for scientific input on choosing sites and creating the script.
- Gwen Conway from Sinclair Elementary School for input on educational goals.
- Adam Schroeder of 2 Guys Multimedia for technical assistance with the audio portion of the tour.
- Elizabeth Martin of the Heritage Society at Sam Houston Park for providing information about how to set up a cell phone tour.
- Robert Featherston of SignUps who printed the tour signs and t-shirts.
- Carolyn Bryant, Hartman & Associates Realtors for donation of the covered box for the fliers.
- Mark Glass of DMG Designs Houston for redesign of the park website.
The Wireless Wilderness tour was created and funded by Friends of West 11th Street Park, in keeping with our vision statement:
"This land shall be preserved forever as a natural habitat.
Future amenities and improvements will be designed to promote
conservation and the appreciation and enjoyment of nature."
Images by Jeff Crandall. What will you experience in the Park?