Houston Park and Recreation Department - Park Rules and Regulations
- Park hours of operation for all city parks are dawn to dusk.
- All animals must be on a leash and under the direct control of its owner.
- Owners must clean up after their dogs. City of Houston Code of Ordinances Section 6-24 states you can be fined up to $500 dollars for not cleaning up after your dog.
- Glass bottles and glass containers are prohibited.
- Camping in city parks is prohibited.
- No motorized vehicles may be driven on turf areas.
- Molesting, injuring, etc., animals, fowl or fish is prohibited.
- Erecting structures, bill posting, etc. is prohibited.
- Walking, sitting or standing on any border or flower bed is prohibited.
- No hunting or use of firearms are permitted in city parks.
- Alcoholic beverages are prohibited in city parks with posted signage.
- Picnic areas are on a first come, first serve basis unless the area has been permitted. It is recommended that park patrons obtain permits to secure a picnic area for a special activity.
- The selling of food, drink or any other commodity on park property is prohibited.
- Littering is prohibited.
For a complete list of Park Rules and Regulations, visit the City of Houston Code of Ordinances, Chapter 32.
Please note there have been many complaints received from other park users about dog owners who violate these ordinaces. Even if you do not care to display common courtesy to your neighbors, you should be aware that park rangers are stepping up their enforcement, and that you will be fined up to $500 for each violation.
To reach Park Rangers to report illegal activities, please call 832-395-7100 or 832-395-7003.